Your personal data are processed by Ashanti International, a company registered as My Extra Eye, having its registered office at Uniondale, NY. My Extra Eye can be contacted via e-mail at [email protected].
2. Types of Personal Data We Process
Whenever you visit our Website and Social Media Channels, we may collect:
- technical information associated with the browser and device you use, such as your IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type;
- geographic data, based on your IP address;
- usage data, such as time spent on the Website, pages visited, links clicked, and the pages that led or referred you to our Website;
- information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps and other online features and services, for which we use Google Analytics or similar tools.
When you respond to My Extra Eye’s emails or surveys, subscribe to our newsletter, fill out our online form to contact our sales team, give us your business card or contact details at conferences or other events, or contact us via e-mail, telephone, or Social Media Channels, we may collect:
- the basic identity information you provide us with, such as your full name, e-mail, phone number, country, and anything else you tell us about you, your needs and timeline;
- the content of your communication and the technical details of the communication itself (with whom you correspond at our end, date and time, etc.), including anything else you tell us about you, your needs and timeline;
- your preferences regarding receiving our e-mail communications, such as newsletters, promotions, advertisements, etc.
- publicly available information of your profile on Social Media Channels;
- any other personal data you choose to provide to us.
When you apply for a job via e-mail, we collect and process the following categories of personal data:
- personal identification data (e.g. name, e-mail address);
- the content of your communication and the technical details of the communication itself (with whom you correspond at our end, date and time, etc.);
- any attachments you send us, such as your CV/Resume.
When you place an order on our Website, our payment partners may collect:
- Personal identification data, such as name, e-mail address, and shipping information;
- payment information, such as credit card number, name on the card, expiry date and security code, depending on the payment method used.
3. How My Extra Eye Uses Your Personal Data
My Extra Eye processes your personal data to provide you its services in a personalized and efficient way with the Website, e-mail, telephone, and Social Media Channels, and for overall customer management.
My Extra Eye will enter into a contract with you to provide its services. This contract requires us to process certain personal data. My Extra Eye processes your personal data mentioned in clause 2.3 above specifically to allow you to apply for a job with us. We will also process your personal data when you apply with us for evidence purposes, so that we may defend ourselves in possible ensuing legal or other proceedings. My Extra Eye processes your personal data to perform statistical analyses so that we may improve our Website, our services or develop new services.
My Extra Eye processes your personal data to comply with legal obligations or to comply with any reasonable request from competent law enforcement agents or representatives, judicial authorities, governmental agencies or bodies, including competent data protection authorities. Your personal data may be transferred upon My Extra Eye’s own initiative to the police, financial intelligence units, or the judicial authorities as evidence or if there are justified suspicions of an unlawful act or crime committed by you through your registration with or use of the Website, our Social Media Channels or other communication with us.
My Extra Eye may also process your personal data mentioned under clauses 2.1 and 2.2 above for marketing purposes, i.e. to provide you with targeted communications, promotions, offerings and other advertisements of My Extra Eye and selected partners, or to invite you to participate in our events or surveys. Using Google Analytics and other marketing and analytics tools, we and certain third parties collect information about your online activities over time and across different sites to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests (this type of advertising is called “interest-based advertising”).
Unless you are an existing customer who has already used our services and who we wish to target with our own marketing material, My Extra Eye will only send you communications, promotions, offerings, newsletters and other advertisements via e-mail or other person-to-person electronic communications channels if you have explicitly consented to receiving such communications, promotions, offerings, newsletters and other advertisements. You may at any time opt out from receiving future marketing or other communications.
4. Recipients and Transfers
We share personal data with third party business partners when this is necessary to provide our services to our Users. Examples of third parties to whom we may disclose personal data for this purpose are payment services providers when you place an order on our Website. Other than the case provided above My Extra Eye does not send your personal data in an identifiable manner to any third party without your explicit permission to do so.
We may share personal data with other My Extra Eye entities in order to provide our services and for internal administration purposes. You understand, however, that if you use our Social Media Channels, your personal data is also processed by the social media providers. You can find more information on how these social media providers process your personal data in their respective privacy policies. My Extra Eye relies on the services of third-party processors, for instance, for website hosting, analytics, etc. These third-party processors are only allowed to process your personal data on behalf of My Extra Eye upon explicit written instruction of My Extra Eye. My Extra Eye warrants that all third-party processors are selected with due care and are obliged to observe the safety and integrity of your personal data.
Your use of our Website implies that your personal data may be transferred outside the USA. Each entity outside the USA that processes your personal data will be bound to observe adequate safeguards with regard to the processing of your personal data. Such safeguards will be the consequence of:
- The recipient country having legislation in place which may be considered equivalent to the protection offered within the USA; or
- A contractual arrangement between My Extra Eye and that entity.
5. Quality Assurance
My Extra Eye does its utmost to process only those personal data which are necessary to achieve the purposes listed under the purpose for processing. Your personal data are only processed for as long as needed to achieve the purposes which are described above or up until such time where you withdraw your consent for processing them. Note that withdrawal of consent may imply that you can no longer use the whole or part of the Website and/or services. My Extra Eye will de-identify your personal data when they are no longer necessary for the purposes outlined in the purpose for processing, unless there is:
- an overriding interest of My Extra Eye or any other third party in keeping your personal data identifiable; or
- a legal or regulatory obligation or a judicial or administrative order that prevents My Extra Eye from de-identifying them.
My Extra Eye will take the appropriate technical and organizational measures to keep your personal data safe from unauthorized access or theft as well as accidental loss, tampering or destruction. Access by personnel of My Extra Eye or its third-party processors will only be on a need-to-know basis and subject to strict confidentiality obligations. You understand, however, that safety and security are best efforts obligations only, which can never be guaranteed.
6. Your Rights
You have the right to request access to all personal data processed by My Extra Eye pertaining to you. My Extra Eye reserves the right to charge an administrative fee for multiple subsequent requests for access that are clearly submitted for causing nuisance or harm to My Extra Eye.
You have the right to ask that any personal data pertaining to you that are inaccurate, are corrected free of charge. If a request for correction is submitted, such request shall be accompanied of proof of the flawed nature of the data for which correction is asked. You have the right to withdraw your earlier given consent under clause 4 for processing your personal data. You have the right to request that personal data pertaining to you will be deleted if they are no longer required in light of the purposes which are outlined above or if you withdraw your consent for processing them. However, you need to keep in mind that a request for deletion will be evaluated by My Extra Eye against:
- overriding interests of My Extra Eye or any other third party;
- legal or regulatory obligations or administrative or judicial orders which may contradict such deletion.
Instead of deletion you can also ask that My Extra Eye limits the processing of your personal data if and when (a) you contest the accuracy of that data, (b) the processing is illegitimate or (c) the data are no longer needed for the purposes which are outlined above, but you need them to defend yourself in judicial proceedings. You have the right to oppose the processing of personal data if you are able to prove that there are serious and justified reasons connected with his particular circumstances that warrant such opposition. However, if the intended processing qualifies as direct marketing, you have the right to oppose such processing free of charge and without justification. You have the right to receive from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format all personal data you have provided to us. If you wish to submit a request to exercise one or more of the rights listed above, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] for all data subject rights matters.
An e-mail requesting to exercise a right shall not be construed as consent with the processing of your personal data beyond what is required for handling your request. Such request should clearly state and specify which right you wish to exercise and the reasons for it if such is required. It should also be dated and signed and accompanied by a digitally scanned copy of your valid identity card proving your identity. My Extra Eye will promptly inform you of having received this request. If the request proves valid, My Extra Eye shall notify it as soon as reasonably possible and at the latest thirty (30) days after having received the request.
If you have any complaint regarding the processing of your personal data by My Extra Eye, you may always contact My Extra Eye via the e-mail address mentioned in the first paragraph of this clause. If you remain unsatisfied with My Extra Eye’s response, you are free to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority. For a list of national data protection authorities, visit https://www.usa.gov/privacy.